Sunday 19 January 2014

Mac Face and Body Foundation review

Hey everyone, 

Hope all are doing well. I am back today.I am reviewing one of my most favourite foundation and first high end end product review on this blog .Mac needs no introduction and all of you are already aware of this product. Being a student its quite difficult for me to go out of the budget but I didn't regret buying this....although I was on a shopping ban for a long time...lolzzz.I haven't used any other high end foundation so cannot compare this one with any other high end brand.



Lets see how it fared on me.



CLAIMS OF THE PRODUCT :(as per the website )


A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body
.

PRICE : RS 1700 FOR 50 ML. 

INGREDIENTS :



SHADES :


  It comes in around 12 shades (not sure though) with C and N.The shades with C has a yellow undertone while that with N has a neutral to pinkish undertone.I am using the shade N1 which is the lightest shade and its a perfect match for my complexion.

PACKAGING :

It comes in a plastic bottle with a nozzle which has a very small opening.This packaging is good since the foundation has a very runny texture and the nozzle helps prevent the wastage. 


MY EXPERIENCE :

  I have heard many people raving about this foundation. Since I started using makeup, mac has been a brand which has always fascinated me.I wanted to buy one foundation from mac and I decided to give this one a try.This is a really very good foundation.Initially I thought that this is a light coverage foundation but when I started using it I realised its actually not.The coverage it offers is between light to medium depending upon what tool you use and whether you layer it or not.I have always used fingers ti apply this since I don't have a stippling brush.I have a flat foundation brush which will soak up a lot of product while applying(since the product is expensive I didn't wanted to take that risk...lolzzz ;-))It gives an air brushed finish and hides open pores and blemishes to some extent but not completely.It you have dark dark circles or blemishes then this won't conceal them.Its suitable for everyday wear as well as for functions since it photographs very well without any white cast.


   It has an orangey fragrance which is mild and doesn't bother my nose.As you apply this you have to keep rubbing it gently and the coverage will get thicker .Just pat it let it sit for a second then blend it you will get the desired coverage. You can layer it if you want a heavy coverage and it won't look cakey at all.It has  a water like texture so make sure you shake well properly.It provides a dewy look but not oilyso dry skin people are going to love this.Oily skin people can skip the moisturiser as it it provides enough moisturisation. I have dry skin in winter and it never highlights the dry patches which is a big plus point since almost every foundation I have tried highlighted the dryness. You need to set this with powder if you are going out inhot weather but dry skin people can skip the powder.It doesn't gets transfered on clothes.It keeps the face fresh for 5 to 6 hours after which my skin starts getting shiny and I need to re touch powder. It has neither broken me out,nor caused any allergies. 



Overall, an excellent experience. 

Lets come to the pros and cons now. 

PROS :

1.Wide range of shades available. 

2.Suitable for sensitive and dry skin.

3.Provides light to medium but buildable coverage. 

4.Gives an air brushed finish. 

5.Provides a dewy look.

6.No breakouts or allergies. 

7.Does not transfer to hanky or clothes.

8.No cakeyness.

CONS :

1.EXPENSIVE :-(

DO I RECOMMEND :

YES WITHOUT A DOUBT...GO GET IT.

WILL I RE PURCHASE :

YES ABSOLUTELY I WILL. 


STAY TUNED....take care. 

PS:Have you tried this one yet?What's your experience? Which is your current favourite foundation? Do share your lovely comments below. 



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you buty a MAC foundation, you get addicted...its coverage is flawless...Lovely review hun :) <3

    ReplyDelete