Thursday 28 November 2013

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisturising Cream Review

Heyyy everyone,

  Today I am reviewing The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisturising Cream.As my skin was dry, I thought of buying this one as I have already used the Vitamin E face wash.
Read on to know more.




CLAIMS OF THE PRODUCT :


An easily absorbed daily moisturising
cream that has the lightness of a
lotion with the moisturising benefits
of a cream.
• Hydrates and protects
• Light and easily absorbed
• Leaves skin soft and healthy-

looking

PACKAGING :

It comes in a tub with black cap.It has a lid inside to prevent the spillage, since the cream is lotion like.This lid is the most annoying feature as it creates a mess every time. 




PRICE:RS 895


MY EXPERIENCE :

I had a terrible experience with this cream.Sorry to all the fans of vitamin E Moisturising cream but I am highly disappointed with this product.I was suffering from dry skin when I bought this cream thinking that it would help me with the hydration as the company claims this range is for dry skin people.It has a lightweight texture but even if you apply a little bit more than required quantity it will make your skin greasy. I have once tried to use it before makeup and it made my skin an oil pan.Despite that it provided no relief from the dry patches.



To my surprise, this cream made my skin even drier after applying it.I had to go to dermatologist for my dry skin issue.I thought maybe I had some sort of allergic reaction to some other product.So I gave it to my mom.She has quite normal skin so i thought it would work for her at least.But even she complained that this cream made her already normal skin dry.

I trusted the body shop brand alot.I have used the Vitamin E face wash also and it was a boon for dry skin . Don't know the reason behind such a dud product although there are rave reviews on blogs.Maybe our skin is too sensitive. Now I don't know how to finish this tub.

Overall, a bad experience. 

Lets come to the pros and cons now. 

PROS :

I had to think hard to write the pros. 

1.Not tested on animals. 

CONS :

1.Pricey.

2.Makes the skin even drier.

3.Not suitable for sensitive skin. 

4.Makes the skin greasy.

5 . Unhygienic tub packaging. 

DO I RECOMMEND : I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO TRY A SAMPLE BEFORE PURCHASING.

WILL I RE PURCHASE : NO WAY...

STAY TUNED.

PS-Has anyone tried this cream before . How was your experience.Would love to hear your comments... :-)

6 comments:

  1. Nice review, I think I'm gonna stay away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...thanks for commenting dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures and review Heena :D But this is worth a skip...
    www.IndianBeautyCenter.Blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup its a dud...thanks for ur comment dear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such a bummer for you hun :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. References - Paul, S., 2018. Vitamin B6 B12 Testosterone Research Studies: Dosage, Side Effects & Benefits. [WWW Document]. Testosteroneofficial.com ie. Testosterone Official. URL https://testosteroneofficial.com/research/vitamin-b6-b12/ (accessed 12.14.18).

    ReplyDelete